"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

-Henry David Thoreau



















Monday, April 4, 2011

New Trail Cam Visitor

Had another 500-plus pictures on the trail cam when I visited on Sunday (4/3), including two new visitors to the area.

Of all the creatures I thought that I might capture in my trail cam pics, a housecat wasn't one of them. There are some people who live up there permanently so it's either their pet or a stray.















I have several dozen pictures of this bear. I'm thinking that he or she just came out of hibernation recently as I had not seen the bear before. The first bear picture I got was only a few hours after I had put out the new mineral lick.















I had several more photos of Bandit, the resident raccoon. While I was out on a hike, I found a tree that could possibly be Bandit's home. I'll have to get a picture of it the next time that I venture out onto the trail.















Below are a bunch more bear and deer pictures. In the second picture, it appears that there are buttons visible just behind the eyes of the deer in the foreground so I'm thinking it's a young buck. Maybe a trophy in a few years? Let's hope so.










No comments:

Post a Comment